Seize market opportunities, manage change and secure progress
Energy storage offers great opportunities that complement our traditional markets
• Automotive – EV auxiliary batteries
• Industrial – on/off grid energy storage systems
Manage the technological change
What does it take to stay successful with lead acid batteries in competition with Lithium-Ion?
• R&D focus to enhance properties of lead acid batteries
• Strategic aspect of local energy storage sourcing
• Sustainability aspect of lead in light of the nearly full recycling capability of a lead acid batteries
The European Regulatory environment
• European Regulatory environment
• What is needed to stay competitive and support the Green Deal in light of the EU Battery Regulation, REACH Revision and End of Life Directive?
• How do we get there and what do we need to do from a lead acid industry perspective?
Stefan Stübing is President & Chief Executive Officer for Exide Technologies, a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for automotive and industrial markets, and is responsible for leading the Transportation and Industrial operations globally.
Mr. Stübing has more than 30 years of experience in leading Finance, Treasury and cost accounting teams in the battery industry. He joined Exide in 1995 through the acquisition of the CEAC group and served as Vice President Finance for the EMEA region from 2011 to 2018. Mr. Stübing held various Finance Director level roles within Exide from 1999 to 2010 leading the EMEA Transportation, Global Original Equipment and German Finance teams.
Mr. Stübing holds a Finance and Accounting Degree from the Friedberg economics business school.