and the Electric
A pre-conference workshop discussing market growth and innovation
opportunities for 12 V lead batteries and vehicle electrification.
Evolving technical requirements for 12 V lead batteries used in EV applications has been a driving force for the industry to innovate. Advanced lead batteries are critical for the EV revolution, as a central on-board component for safety and electronic features.
Industry efforts to engage and collaborate with major car companies and OEMs from across the globe through dynamic workshops have been very successful in the last few years. These workshops have targeted the latest research and development in 12 V automotive lead battery applications.
The pre-conference workshop will focus on market trends for EV batteries and how continued technology advances for 12 V batteries are critical to meet requirements such as engine starting and for micro-hybrid applications, but also for low-voltage EV applications for reserve power and safety-critical functions. Topics will include shifts in lead battery requirements, evolution of technical standards and battery diagnostics.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Market uptake of EVs, PHEVs and HEVs – Geoffrey May, FOCUS Consulting
- Shifts in automotive battery requirements – Eckhard Karden, Ford
- Technical developments for micro-hybrid applications – Matt Raiford, Consortium for Battery Innovation
- Evolution of technical standards for SLI, EFB and AGM batteries for engine starting and micro-hybrid applications – Jun Furukawa, The Furukawa Battery Company
- Battery diagnostics and and operating strategy – Adriana Traistaru, Forvia (Hella)
- Changing Requirements for auxiliary batteries (including functional safety) – Bernd Engwicht, East Penn
- Technical standards for 12 V auxiliary batteries (IEC 60095-8) – Luca Brisotto, Exide Group
(€234 incl. VAT)
*All delegate fees are subject to French VAT at 20%.
For cancellation policy, please click here.
Registration for the Pre-Conference Workshop is
only for delegates attending ELBC.